Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Inge Test
    Participant

Hello,
    Been doing real love and attending groups for about two years. In that time, I did coaching, and a whole lot improved. At the time I started, I was not working fulltime because I chose not to sign another teaching contract. I was so empty from teaching, then found out about doing real love. Things improved a whole lot overall in my life, but I signed another contract against my real desire to do so just to stay employed, and the issues are back in full force. I believe I am in the wrong career, really. I feel very fearful and victimized and I want to choose to leave it. Standing up in front of others to talk drains me and I don’t feel it’s right for me. I have tried different jobs and situations, been transferred, taken time off, done coaching, and still I seem to be failing. It looks as though my contract may not be renewed this year, and really I think that might be a good thing. But it will not be a good thing if I am out of work. If I could just leave it, and not live with it and hate it, that would be a good solution as I have had other jobs besides teaching which have worked out better. The reality is that I’ve invested ten years and thousands in student loans, and with the position I’m in in life, no one will hire me for non-professional work once they see my resume. This will require a career change, but I am not sure where to start.
    orion77

Greg Baer

You mentioned your life improved a lot. In what way?

Greg Baer

My life has improved a lot because I was able to reconnect with several old friends and reestablish relationships because I am not operating out of the victim role nearly as much. I don’t think this would have been possible if I had not done the amount of real love work that I did. Also, when dating, I got to no faster in that I didn’t continue to date people in too much behavior. I used to just keep dating when it was not working because I wanted or needed the imitation, especially safety or maybe pleasure. For me, it’s been stopping rather than starting behaviors. Stopping old ones, mainly clinging, clinging to a drowning situation. I also was clinging, and still am, to some drowning people. That has to stop otherwise I could lose what I’ve gained. I think I might be currently clinging to a drowning career.

Greg Baer

Before considering a major life change like quitting your job, do whatever it takes to find and trust more love. From a coach, from wise men and women, wherever you can find it. Until you feel more peaceful and happy, you won’t know if you’re career unhappiness is really about your career or is about your emptiness.

Greg Baer

If you put an additional section on your resume (at the end) that simply states something like this:

NOTE: My previous wages and experience are in NO WAY indicators of what I expect from this job
    I’m applying for.

And, you can add the reasons why (briefly), and you’ll get calls and interviews. It worked for me 2 1/2 years ago when I went from being an electrician making $38/hr to a basic quality control tech at a rubber plant making $17/hr. During the interview I was told that if I did not have that little note at the end of my resume, I wouldn’t have been called.

And now I’m doing it again! I lost the lab tech job back in August, and I’m thankful I did. Too much stress, too many hours, and too many negative people there. Now, I’m looking for something part time for around $10/hr for a few days a week doing something fulfilling in human kindness for perhaps the elderly or children. Not sure what yet, but that’s where God is nudging me.

Hope this helps!! Follow your heart, and don’t be afraid to cut your losses on a heavy investment….after all, we can’t take a single penny with us when we go.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.