Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My company does a type of review that enlists the employee to review their own work before the manager writes a formal review. I know my own expectations of myself are very high and even though I met or exceeded my companies goals for me. I know beyond a doubt I could have done more than requested. I also know those goals are much lower than they should be. So my self review will reflect that. My manager will have a few items I can work on but over all will write a decent review.
    I really do not like evaluating my work because I do not really know how to say I didn’t do as well as I thought I should have when I exceeded their expectations.

Greg Baer

Then maybe, rather than focus on what you think you should have done, simply say what your goals are for yourself going forward. If your company wanted 10 of something and you achieved 12, say next time you’d like to have 15. Review your performance compared to yourself. Ignore what the company expects. I worked for a company that required four sales a month to remain with them. Some people had four sales in a day. Compete with yourself, not your companies requirement.

Greg Baer

I love the phrase ignore what the company expects. Compete with yourself. This will keep my self review from being disingenuous and allow me to set my own pace and standard. Great!

Greg Baer

If you met or exceeded your companies goals for yourself, state the goal from last year, your performance this year, and your goals for next year. Done. Telling your manager you could have brought in more money but did not reflects poorly on his leadership. Stating their expectations are too low tells them they are incompetent. Oh, and you do not like how they do reviews either. So what job would you really love doing with passion and purpose?

Greg Baer

obviously not this one…giggle snort… .. which I realized on the way home from the airport. It’s not the job it’s me. It’s a wonderful job with many opportunities. I can say yeah the manager is not blah blah blah… btw he postponed my review after I jumped through hoops to get it written. Bottom line I didn’t want to do it so I got pissy about it because I could. I felt inconvenienced by him then wonder why he feels nervous around me. I give mixed signals but bottom line I want to love my boss. I am sure he would appreciate the love vs the fake love with razor blades I have been doing. Insane… I need to be responsible and look the choices I have before me and for the next right thing to do.

My passion would be a mixture of something that feels like this…. When I taught high school I never felt like I worked a day in my life. The wonder of all God encompasses in visual manifestation makes me breathe like a horse running in the snow. Just talking about creation and watching students get the tiniest glimpse of God that might affect their passion for him in life, is severely beautiful. Chemistry, physics, biology and math are like chocolate to me. Watching a child come in and see the order of the universe in the smallest and most amazing things is life. It wasn’t my competence at that point that mattered it was like being a tour director and saying here’s the mystery of God’s imagination. Eph 3:20

I feel that wonderment when I remember I am loved or give love so whatever my passion ends up being, I hope to be a loving woman doing it. Right now is all I have because I don’t anything or how to be more than I know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.