Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jim Clarke
    Participant

I left a work place because I was told I did not have talent to assume full time responsibilities nor moving up. I was told in front of my co workers by my boss.
    Because I have been an active participant in Real Love, I asked for full time and was passed up two more times. I gave my resignation and went to another job that paid more money but no benefits. I thought I was strong and ready to tackle a leader role as a personal assistant to a dentist.

I discovered myself shrinking back when I was made fun of for having a Jesus type ring tone on my phone and was told “I stressed people out” with my questions. I started to see myself go back to that little girl who couldn’t say anything and I found it was easier and easier for others to “say things to me” that were not nice, encouraging, or helpful and I started to believe what they were saying. I started believing in the old self.

I want to say I believe in myself and know my worth, but it appears my worth was waxing and waning to their insecurities. I joined Real Love.

Greg Baer

All these judgments you are making now about yourself are not real. They came from your childhood, not in the reaction from the present. In your childhood I’ll bet that someone criticized or said something demeaning to you which led you to believe you were unworthy or worthless. Now, when you hear similar things that sounded like the comments from your childhood you automatically react and go back to those childhood moments without even realizing it. Bring yourself to the present and know these comments or the fact you were passed up twice now are just causing a reaction from past long forgotten childhood incidents. Change your judgment about these present incidents so you don’t overreact from them by applying the OLD judgments. Read up on the Event – Judgment – Feeling – Reaction. It will explain it more in detail and remember you are loved.

Greg Baer

Yes and that is why I came back. YaY! I was doing that and now I can get back on track. Thank you for welcoming me here.

Greg Baer

Julie,
    Thanks for posting here. As you get the love you need, the choices of others (what they say, think, do) will matter less to you, and your sense of worth will no longer “wax and wane” according to the whims of others. In fact, your WORTH cannot change, though we can feel that it has. Do you have one person who is able to consistently love you, a wise person or coach? Receiving unconditional love will free you to know that you have worth and value, just because you exist, just because you are here.

Without knowing our true worth, we believe lies. Lots and lots of lies. A wise person can help you see what lies you are currently believing, and guide you back to happiness.

How long have you been in real love? Keep at it — it’s worth every bit of effort you put in. Keep talking here, and you will be among loving people who only care for your happiness. We want to hear from you.

Greg Baer

Hi Susan,

It has been five years now since I found this website and bought the books. I do not have anyone who is wise in Real love at this time.

I agree with everything you said.

Greg Baer

Hi Julie. Have you been out on any of the conference calls or contacted any of the wise people on the list here on the website? It’s a good thing to study the principles and how to apply them. They can be very useful AND they can’t love you, nor can the books. That’s why Susan’s suggetions about working with a wise person is so important. Sending you love!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.